it was scary but I wasn't afraid...

Tired and nervous for tomorrow, we ended our last night of practice with our caring farewell with take-care's. Everyone was asking anyone who'll be passing at which gate and I just observed them. And it happened that all of them would be passing through  the Marist Gate while I have to pass by the main gate near the high way. Alone, I decided to walk first since I have to hurry for I'll be passing a narrow super dark path because the student center where I normally used to walk through was locked up already.

Slowly, I was careful with my steps trying not to make myself any trouble like accidentally stumbling unto something. I was whispering my silent prayers that very moment asking God not to let me witness any super natural creatures as I passed by that scary narrow path. Then I finally reached the corner of the auditorium where I am supposed to pass through to arrive at the NDDU Dome. From there, slowly walking, I could see the wooden benches and the round posts which give accents to the Dome. It was dark in there, only silhouette of the plants and other things  could be seen. The least light-reflected floor caught my attention as I saw a strange commotion through the shadows. I saw with my own two eyes a pair of legs with feet stepping slowly. The vacant part under the wooden bench made the legs looked like in frame. I focused my eyes to those moving feet as I was stiffed silently at my position. I was about to reach the point of being scared until the logical side of me whispered that it could be the guard. With that thought, I was relieved. I thank God for letting the sane part prevail in me that time. So I decided to continue to walk but still my eyes were glued to those moving legs. Then I saw them disappeared. I guess the guard just hid behind the post as how it seemed to look like.

So I bravely disregard all the fears and scary thought in my head. All I thought that very time was to go home safely ASAP. Finally, I felt my feet reached the steps of the dome. It was so dark in there and the first thing that my eyes wanted to see was the guard. Where is he to help me or guide me out with that darkness? Where is he? Where is he? Then that question just rang in my ears several times. I thought he was just hiding  behind one of these posts but where is he now? And on the second thought, why would he hide behind the post in the first place?? Why???

It was seconds before I was able to compose myself again. I tried to remain calm despite of my knees which are jumpy and shaky already. I was very ready to go out of that place..then and there. When I turned left, I saw the main gate locked, already with chains. My crazy side overpowered me as I tried to jerk the chained lock up and down just to escape from that mind-scrambling darkness. Until I realized it was pointless tweaking it.

Then another thought entered my mind. If the gate is already locked like that, what's the point of placing a guard inside the dome, why not outside the gate? Thinking about that another thought, my heartbeat turned faster as I glanced back at the post where I saw the pair of legs disappeared. I heard nothing. I heard no one. I began to get really panicky so I left the chained gate and began to trail back the narrow dark path. I can't help not to glance back from time to time. It was scary but I wasn't afraid like I normally used to. I almost jumped the several steps as I get down which caused me to stumble but I luckily caught the wooden bench for support. I was okay. Thank God! I half-run the rest of the darkness.

I was so happy to see Ate Clarice with Kuya Terrence standing near the VOICE Office as I finally passed by beside the Audi near the Fitness Center. To revive my normal self, I tried a simple goodbye to them then continued to walk through the other Marist gate where I saw Val waiting for her Papa to fetch her :)

Thank God for working with my prayers in a very unique way :) 

Comments