Flashback.

Would there be changes? As in significant changes?
What if Grandma didn't fight for her love? What if she chose culture over Grandpa?

These thoughts flashed back because of this decoration thingy for our Linggo ng Wika. The colorful malongs reminded me of the  rich culture of my ancestors. 

Kimjuk Amarad (my great grandma, Islam,Royal Family) chose to leave her beliefs including her future responsibilities of the Royal Family for the sake of her true love. She changed her identity and turned into a Christian by the name of 'Rosalie Villarico'. She was adopted by her godfather and pursue on marrying the the man she loved so much.

I remembered our Lit Teacher asking us, "Will you sacrifice culture over love?"

I guess I would do the same thing like what grandma did.

 But thank goodness this is a modern world already and I don’t have to make such decisions. LOLX.

Comments