Angel Mode: Brigada Eskwela 2013

Now, it's time to spread our little angel wings once again. 

NDDU JPIA conducted another outreach program last May 21, 2013 at Purok Cassava, Brgy. Maligo, Polomolok, South Cotabato. The town is known for its huge Dole pineapple plantation...or I guess the word 'huge' is an understatement. For other people, this may sound just another mini adventure or trip but to those children that we were able to help, receiving gifts, new and beautiful school supplies and little merienda session mean a lot more. I saw the extraordinary happiness through their innocent smiles. 

That day, hearing the words 'thank you' erases the thought of the tiresome journey just to get to their far-flung area. You're welcome, kids! And we, your Ates and Kuyas are more grateful for giving this opportunity to share our blessings. 

THE JOURNEY.

We had to take a bus ride to get to the town proper.
And nobody told me that I had to wear my JPIA shirt this day. :(
and we had to walk from the terminal to the Barangay Hall and wait for the vehicle that will send us to the area
And I was honestly impressed when I realized that their Barangay Hall is more beautiful than in Gensan
Shahara Rosco, Foxy volunteer. haha. Kiddin'
Then we had to take another ride to get the food for our merienda session. In the car, we met Mr. Lonely, the puppy.
and I got a picture with Mr. Lonely
John and Nikko helping each other carry/transfer the box of cold juice for the little kids
I can see the Mt. Matutum from our window
Then, we stopped because we got confused which way to go.
And I'm afraid whenever the movie "Wrong Turn" crosses my mind.

STOP OVER.
Because of the stop over, we got to enjoy the beautiful view for a while.
We went out of the car. Precy and Nikko are appreciating the painting-like view.
spreading my invisible wings with the Dole pineapple plantation as my background
I had a tough time climbing that big rock. 
a piece of Dole pineapple plantation. what a beautiful view
DESTINATION REACHED.
We're here! The JPIAns are ready for Brigada Eskwela 2013
These are the kids that participated in the Brigada Eskwela 2013
They are waiting for the school supplies and merienda
Merienda for the little kids
Our tarpaulin for this event 
Teacher Arianne, our JPIA coordinator, talking to the kids in behalf of us
Officers preparing for the kids
Look for me!
Kids falling in line for their turn
faces of the innocent kids having their snacks
caught smiling!
in the middle of the proud kids
NDDU JPIA Team supports Brigada Eskwela 2013. Mabuhay JPIA! Mabuhay mga bata!
Look for me!

THANK YOU KIDS! TAKE CARE!

GOODBYE SHOTS.
A goodbye shot number 1. Wholesome pose with Dole pineapple plantation plus Mt. Matutum

and we are the proud volunteers

Goodbye photo number 3. Jump shot -- Fail!
Goodbye photo number 4. Final Jump shot -- FAIL. But I got a good jump shot.
TIME TO GO HOME.
See you next community extension, volunteers!
home sweet home. on my way to our house
the beautiful sky feels like welcoming me


That's all.

----

Love,
Hara.

Comments

Anonymous said…
wow ang galing!

~Debbieannecastro.blogspot.com