Shahara Rosco: Ang lakas ko kay Lord!

Since the end of the year is fast approaching, I would like to grab this opportunity to officially claim na ang lakas ko kay Lord! This is something I used to tell people whenever they ask me to pray for them. I don't know if they believe me whenever I say that but for me, I really feel so grateful with everything my God has given me.


My whole year was a blast! I can still remember my first Facebook profile picture for 2014 with a caption "Bente katorse, tuig tika ha?" And now I realized that 2014 is indeed my year! Tons of beautiful things happened...and of course let's not forget the dramatic ones as well.

Gumasa Glan, Sarangani
Here's my happy face to start the year...
and still the same but happier face to end the year...
and a little bigger...


It's like there's a highlight every month. But my personal favorites are when:

I FINISHED MY BACHELOR'S DEGREE, BS ACCOUNTANCY in four years.
I WAS REUNITED WITH MY BEST FRIEND AFTER SIX LONG YEARS.
I TOURED PUERTO PRINCESA, PALAWAN as a graduation privilege.
I PASSED THE CPA BOARD EXAM in October. All credits to Him!
I QUICKLY FOUND A JOB (since it was unplanned, I guess it's fair to say the job found me)
I MET A MAN WHO UNEXPECTEDLY MADE ME FEEL SO LOVED.



So, I thank everyone who had been a part of my 2014 journey. May you turned out to be a blessing or a lesson, I sincerely thank you. I hope to see you and be with you in my 2015 journey. I love you friends and promises!

Here's my monthly picks...

1.  #January - New year, new life! But some things never change.

BEACH is Love. I guess I'll always be that girl who loves the beach. No matter how tan I become, hours I spend at the beach will always be special. It feels good to start one of the first days of my year at the beach with friends. No matter how small we are in number, We always find a way to level up the quality of the moment. Cheers for the awesome life ahead!



2. #February - I'm 20 years old! I felt so happy that my friends (college circle) granted my wish which is for us to gather together as in literally the ten of us (Magic10) which happens very seldom. And during the last day of my teenage years, we had a very good time. We had lunch together and did some official photo session as #M10.



Lemme just say, I had an awesome teenage life!

And during the first day as a girl who is no longer a teenager...or shall I call myself a lady? Haaaaa! Awkward. I feel unworthy to use such term for myself. Haha.Anyway, during that day, I was with someone super special, Mr. 60, the one and only love of my life (during that time). We spent the whole day together. I felt so good to have him solo...kasi it seldom happens. We were officially illegal that time. Haha.



3. #March - Finally, after 16 years of studying, the final wave had come! Tons of pressure for us graduating students from our teachers with love. But hooray! We did it! We did it!

I remember telling my Mom over the phone to not expect anything but prepare for the worst case scenarios like I won't be graduating this year or I have to repeat the sem. But then she's always the positive one. She always believes in me in everything...and thank goodness gracious I made her proud.

I'm proud to say ,"I'm a BS Accountancy Survivor."



4. #April - (Best summer ever) The mighty graduation privileges. So I was granted a so-called graduation privilege. It was originally a trip to Boracay and a fab meeting with my best friend, Aniza that I haven't seen in six years but later on it was converted to a trip to Puerto Princesa, Palawan to attend (a fab alibi) a YFC International Conference (ICON 2014).



Another best thing about summer was the grand reunion with my best friend. She left Glan (hometown) when we were fourteen years old. A lot of things had happened since the day she left but one thing is certain, she'll always be my soul sister, my twin heart, my best friend forever. Now that we're twenty and we see each other in person once in six years, it feels so amazing that our friendship even grew stronger. She'll always be my first #forever. (Hoping to meet the guy version of my forever very soon/hoping that Mr. Love will be my #forever)



5. #May - The night I got so #wasted. The month literally ended with a house party and a friggin' hangover afterwards. We were invited by a friend to attend a welcome home house party of her friend. And there we were...strangers in another sea of strangers. I played beer pong for the first time in my life but instead of beer, we do Tequila shots. And lemme be proud (just this moment) to say that I was champion on the Tequila Pong and as a consequence of my reckless actions, I got so wasted. I threw up several times. I thank those good-hearted people who cleaned my ewwie stuff. Haha! So lemme me say, I still love my friends even after 2 AM! Yay!



6. #June - My official temporary goodbye Gensan and hello Davao! I had to leave my second hometown to stay in Davao for the review. Weeee! I felt so lucky to stay at Casa de Luna Dormitory managed by Daddy Rain. (He doesn't even know that we call him Daddy Rain.) He is Atty. Raniero Nucum...our instant Tatay in our dorm. I will never forget that time when he said, "Tumaba ka. Sige, kumain ka pa." Hahaha. Thank you Atty! And my favorite part is whenever he gives us our official receipt for the month, it's usually coupled with chocolates or biscuits or any other goods. Ikaw na!


RISK IT. So like any other year, I've done something crazy again this 2014. I shaved the right side of my head making it look like famous celebrity haircuts namely Sandara Park and Avril Lavigne.



7. #August - First time to attend Kadayawan Festival in Davao. I felt so glad that I was not drunk or even got a little tipsy. Nothing! Good girl mode!



I meet a very significant person in my life. I dated him for a day...but to tell you the truth, I do not even know if I can call it a date. I've known him since I was 16 but never had a chance to talk to him and have a real conversation. After 4 years, destiny gave us a chance and so we did talk. Everything went fast it's as if we've really known each other for a long time already.


We went out for one day. I quickly like him as a person. There's a chance that I might like him even more but things changed after that meet up (to be explained in the next posts not here). But the best thing about that person is that he made me realize that it's possible to recover from a very tragic fall, it's me who has the power to change what's going on with my life, and most especially he made me realize that it's possible to move on from an epic love story. I'm not saying he was the reason that I was able to move on...because he's really not. He's just the person who knocked me in the head which caused me to wake up and realize the possibilities that I failed to see. Thank you Mr. CF.

8. #October - the most awaited month! Guess what I did before the actual exam...visita iglesia. The truth is, I was never prepared to take the board. I only attend my review classes during the first 2 weeks and most of those days, I attend only half days. Haha. I guess controlling my own time and making my own schedule works better for me. Guess whut?! I passed the CPA Board Exam. Whew! I can really say, it's not me...it's Him!



THE BITTERSWEET LAST DATE. Yes, Mr. Sixty and I had our last date before he went to Mxxxx for work. Whoah. My friends always say they're fond of hearing me use the word last but later on there's another last one. Haha. Di na sila naniniwala. But that day was really great. We went to see a horror movie entitled Ouija. I had so much fun every time we shout together. Para kaming mga baliw hiding behind each other kasi natatakot. Ano daw yun.

9. #November - PROUD SGVian. So this November, I'm officially branded as a working girl. I started working in SGV & Co. (a member of Earnst & Young, #1 in professional services) last November 17, 2014. I am one of the 6 new audit associates in GenSan. This one is definitely unplanned. You know my plan of resting for a while remember? Nyaaaa! But God gave me this so I guess this is really for me. And, this is better than not having anything to do. Hihi. So far, I'm enjoying my work. Well, good luck na lang daw sa busy season!



UNEXPECTEDLY INLOVE. I don't know what to say. I kinda feel a little awkward remembering me writing in my blog the words I'm not into relationships at the moment and I despise romantic relationships. Reading my previous posts gives me a feeling of bitterness from the old me. Yikes! Anyway, I can't give a name for now. It's not because I'm not proud. I'm just trying to avoid complications. I don't even know if this thing will work but I really hope that it will and I'll do my part to make it work. I'll leave the rest to him and Him. It's a two-way street anyway. (This deserves a separate post for later. Haha!)

10. #December - The month hasn't ended yet but I'm already feeling a very lovely month. Truth is...I kinda miss my family around. Hiiiiiii. I seldom realize it but when I do, that's the time when I super duper miss them. I just miss the feeling of being taken care of. Haha #OAmode Anyway, advance Merry Christmas to my family, friends, and promises and Happy Birthday to my sweet boyfriend! See you when we're ready! Haha. #excited

Thank you everyone!

Comments