No Sea Urchin

Aki and Hara December 2015


The previous time we went to the beach we had this little boat which took us into the deeper part of the sea. He made me wear the only life vest available since I was the only who couldn’t swim among the three of us (the third member was Argie).

Swimming and floating, a lot of invisible sea insects (maybe) were biting random areas of our bodies which made it so itchy and reddish.

So that fine day we decided not to go deeper anymore. Instead we just played along the neck level waters. But before letting me walk with him, he specifically ordered me to stay behind him while he swims under water with the goggles and made sure there’s no sea urchin nearby.

He gets out of the water from time to time to teach me where to walk and which areas were checked to be urchin-free. We did that for a long while. He ordered me to stay whenever he’s not sure and to continue walking after his go signal.

Yeah, it’s not much but his gestures really touch my heart.

I hope my son will make his wife feel so loved like how I do.


I love you my husband!

Comments