Real Romance


Like any normal girl, I had been a fan (every since the world began) of romance, cute love stories, grand gestures, romantic surprises, love letters and others sorts of love tokens. Well, I must say I'm one of those lucky girls who experienced maybe not too much but never too little...I had more than enough of them. And I thank those thoughtful, sweet, and romantic boys for that.

Love letters, happy capsules, gifts, chocolates, significant surprises, romantic dates, flowers, Valentine gifts, cute studio shots, songs and poems, you name it!

I've always considered myself as a very appreciative person. Small effort means so much to me...how much more the big ones. But truth be told, no matter how much I declare myself as an appreciative person, I cannot escape the great complainer inside of me. I find faults and loopholes and sometimes whine about them, well, silently most of the time.

Back in the days, I used to complain (silently) about an unromantic lover and every romantic obligations that he failed to do. And then I met a lot of cooler guys, the more romantic ones, those ones that I used to dream of. But then I was never contented no matter how I tell myself I felt grateful. I always dream of something bigger and I always imagine something better and then ended up hurting myself in the process.

Looking back, I realize that there are more important things than the ones I used to dream of receiving (gifts, chocolates, surprises, etc.). Yes, it will always remain true that girls should be treated like a princess but I believe the author hit it big with what he said up there about real romance.

Yes, I will always and forever be a fan of rainbows and unicorns, but for quite a while now, I learned to focus on something more real.

The random I love you's. "You should eat fruits and vegetables." "What do you want to eat?" "I'll cook for you." "I'll climb that tree for your favorite coconuts." "I'm sorry." Those hugs in the middle of a fight. When he wipes your tears. He makes you laugh everyday. He makes you crazier than you already are. He cuts your nails. He spoon-feeds. He sends messages every hour even if he's at work. He never fails to call you every night. He worries about you.

Tons of gestures most of us overlooked but actually, they are the real romance. They are the ones that make us feel loved. They are the little things that really matter.

Thank you, Love!

Comments