A Pebble Hurts

  

     When I was still in grade six, my teacher required us to make a vegetable garden. Of course, it was graded. Each of us belongs to a group and I happened to be in group 2.
     Our Teacher said that the Groups 1 and 2 were assigned to plant Alugbati while the groups 3 and 4 were assigned to plant kangkong. I was happy to hear it at first because we have Alugbati plants at home and it would be easy for me bring as many of them.
     I even brought some extra Alugbati for my group mates to plant. But what happened was- the Alugbati were so hard to grow. The soil was not fitted for those Alugbati. The soil was dry and we have to water our Alugbati from time to time so they won't be withered.
     Days had passed. We took care of our Alugbati. I was really glad to imagine that my Alugbati would grow healthy since they looked healthy for days already unlike when we had not watered them seriously.
     One time while we were gardening, my classmate, Gray who happened to tease me all the time asked,"Does your Alugbati has grown its roots?"
     I proudly said,"Yes!"
     But what happened was-he didn't believe me. I insisted I was telling the truth but he really didn't believe me. He wanted to have his proof. So, he went to my area and pulled all my alugbati to see if they really have their roots. And it was true.  He inserted back the alugbati plants to their places. Gosh! I t would certainly die for sure. Gray didn't plant them but just inserted them. He was an asshole.
     I was really angry at him that time. And so, while he was sitting at a corner, I planned to have revenge. I looked around and saw a lot of pebbles. I threw one but it didn't hit him. I tried again but again, failed.
     The third one was u BULLS-EYE! It hit his head. I was laughing secretly at him when he held his head.
     He looked around and he looked in pain. I felt guilty. And so, I decided to show myself and told him I'm sorry.
    Revenge is not really a good thing, I realized.

Comments