U-Week 2012 [Preparation]

my hand painted with green
Break time...

Exam week. JPIA Night. And now it's time for....tan-ta-ra ran! University Week 2012. From 6 days to 4 days. WOW! Not quite an adjustment huh. What happened SSG ? What happened administration? But seriously, I already know the answer to those questions of mine since I have a classmate who happened to be  a nephew of the Vice President of the university and he always updates me about the reasons of this and that in school. So proceed...what's the topic for this time? Oh...right, the first day of the week happened to be a preparation day for the SSG and for all other organizations who were expected to have their booths standing tall and proud. You already know what I mean.

I went to school in the afternoon only- since I stayed at home by morning and watched showtime at noon-but honestly, I woke up late too. Haha. Our EIC tasked us to meet at the VOICE publication office to finalize our articles which by the way I had no idea [honestly]. We waited for the other members for quite a moment. I knew I would be bored if I stayed inside the office to wait for others - you know me- so I decided to join Luigi and NiƱo to wherever they were going. I learned that they were on task of giving the letters for notice to the canteen personnel and so I helped them. The first hour was actually boring.

table setting and table skirting | NDDUniversity Week 2012
table setting | my bet

Thank goodness I saw Garnet who was assigned to cover the opening of the Matinagdanon Festival which was exactly that time. Competitions like napkin folding,flower arranging, table skirting and table setting indeed impressed me. I just remembered my high school days. We also join contests such as those during the STEP Competition.

When we were back to the Voice office, we knew that there was honestly no meeting at all. The EIC just wanted us to be gathered to clean our office. Haha. We were indeed victims. But lemme praise her for a very effective strategy :) And so we successfully cleaned the office with our hands. It's been a while since I last touched a feather duster. Haha.

After the successful general cleaning, I proceed to the chapel where I saw my fellow JPIAns in front helping each other creating our booth. My body was like automatic to help. I asked what can i helped them and so different to-do's aroused.

JPIA Booth making / painting
together with Marbon and Bleng

It feels so good to be back to painting. I know I'm not really good at this thing but I love doing such. And also, our not-really-first concept, splattering thin paint on the sides of the center region became a failure indeed. haha. That was really funny. All my classmate did was blame me when the truth was he was the one who picked that very idea and I just helped him figure out what's better. And since it was really a failure, a re-do is nothing but required. So we waited for a long time just to wait the paint gets dry enough to be coated with white again.

Ikki was there too - just blabbing around doing nothing since he's not supposed to touch or even smell the paint. He just gave me the flash drive before he finally went home and a short minimal talk happened and then goodbye. Just that kind of picture.

The booth-painting / making continued. Every one was trying to help. I just like the feeling of experiencing different things. That time, I enjoyed the feeling of having paint on my skin, the feeling of holding the nail while you;re hammering it's head - even the feeling of hammering your own finger because of carelessness and you immediately withdraw them. Haha. I'm used to that way back early 2000's.

The Vice President of our organization came to check on us on how we were doing. I tried to joke her about me being hungry. haha. I was just joking at first but then she took it seriously and said that the organization was willing to finance our dinner. Wooooooh!

PASTIL time! We ate pastil at one of the KIOSK. It was already late in the evening. It was my first time to eat together with those classmates of mine and i find them enjoyable to be with :)


PASTIL :)



Comments