University Week 2012 [Day 2 - Grand Opening]

February 7, 2012

The previous day was a successful preparation day for NDDU and this day is the mark of the real beginning of the University week 2012. I woke up normally early-late this day - past 8. What worries me was that I still have to catch up the debate at 9 AM which would be played between the Business College and College of Education and Nursing. Haha. You know how fast I am in preparing myself and so I got there past 10 AM already. Haha. Thank goodness I still made it although not in time. The debate was already starting when I got inside the Auditorium. The issue was about what to prioritize, whether "Environmental Issues" [White Eagles CEN] or "Industrialization" [Red Lions BC]. It was a nice topic I can say...it's just that the White Eagles were so awesome when it comes to debate. They were really debaters - experts when it comes to such field. They were actually trained since high school and I won't wonder if they will beat the Red Lions by that round. But I cheer for my team though, the Red Lions. Go Red Lions - still. It's just that I'm not super convinced of them - I'm not really bias. I can sense that they feel intimidated by their opponents. Hehe. Sorry Red Lions. But then you guys were still good! :)

NDDU Debate between White Eagles [left]and Red Lions [right]
The feeling while watching the debate -knowing that your friends were in there defending your college- was really mixed emotions. I was cheering for my team but then I feel so nervous every time every point was raised by the opponent since I find them really good. Hehe. Impressive! The results were announced immediately and the victory goes to the White Eagles. Congratulations!

After the debate we went out of the Auditorium and proceed to our own paths. Lolx. The colorful booths were already on. I was at the Accountants Kiosk with my classmates and friends when we decided to have lunch in there. Cool right? That was my first time to have lunch with them inside the Kiosk since the previous night was a supper. Technically sensible, right? Haha. We tried the Rice -to-Go for our lunch. There were many flavors to choose from, I originally picked the Chicken Java Rive but unfortunately it's not available already due to a very high demand and so they lack supply [economics lang? haha]. Plus...I saw someone having barbeque just adjacent to the Rice-To-Go booth , automatic question, "How much?" hehe. You know how much I loved BBQ's ever since. Hehe.

Comments for the Rice-To-Go. They put a lot of pepper which is very foreign to my system. It's somehow spicy although it was Tuna Chorizo and not the Spicy Beef. Woot~  Good thing I bought BBQ's which made me able to finish my food. haha. I don't want to try that Rice-To-Go again. Haha. Sorry folks! :)
colorful Rice-To-Go cup :) Tuna Chorizo Rice Flavor
After our wonderful lunch with my co-Red Lions, we played Pinoy Henyo. haha. A very fun way to freshen our minds from stressful attendance and boring morning brought by the U-week. Haha. Everyone had a round of guessing. I can't perfectly describe how fun it is to play the Pinoy Henyo. It really can turn you hyperactive. haha. Your blood goes like up up and away. haha. It's challenging at the same time fun. Guessing the unknown makes you look like stupidly cute. Haha. Yeah that's how i describe you if you're playing that game. Hehe.

Another game followed. And it's more fun than Pinoy Henyo. Alertness is highly required and LUCK. Haha. it's really hard to explain the mechanics of the game but lemme try. It's just about number citing and whoever had a chorus- for instance I'll say "Three!" and someone also shouted "Three!" at the same time meaning the two of use will get the consequence. That time our consequence happened to be "Powder-in-you-Face". You can picture it out already. I know it. Haha. Just imagine random people penalized with powder in a very random region of your face and erasing is prohibited. Haha. What the hell. We looked like street cats. haha
powdered face random region
ohhh...how I wanted to tell you everything that has happened - every bit of details but I guess it's not really practical to do it because of time constraint. T.T

So after that, here are what happened:
He took me a photo while riding the wheelchair :)
  • Ikki was with me. We joined the long line of Red Lions in getting that what they termed as "Pautot". It was just a balloon actually for the parade - what made me frown was that it costed Php25.00. It's not really proper to do that. Tsk. Tsk. I haven't paid the Pautot since I was not required to get it, John, my friend kindly gave his balloon to me. Wew. I was very happy! 
  • I was joyously holding the balloon. I rolled the string on my pointer but then I was shocked when I saw the red balloon flying up high - leaving me dumbfounded. It's as if my heart was struck by a knife. So painful.
  • The next hours were spent together with Ikki. We had this talk about the mental notes that we've been planning to talk about. Finally, the time has come. We didn't join the Catholic Eucharistic Celebration instead we joined the Evangelical Celebration at the auditorium which we fins less boring than the Mass. I'm sorry. But honestly, I wish Father Jonathan to be back. He's the only priest at school whom I find not boring.
  • We didn't attend the parade. Haha. We just enjoyed the time. We went to the consumer store and eat ice cream cookies and cream flavor. They were just commercialized homemade ice creams but it really has a qualifying taste. Ikki tried the ice cream too. he removed his mask during the process. haha. And you know what's next. I couldn't help not to laugh. 
  • We went to the HR building to meet some friends there. Luckily, there were a lot of balloon leftovers in the hands of the officers. I tried to ask for one and so, they gave me one. They were kind people. I now have a red balloon [again]. I promised not to let go of it for the second time :)
  • fire girl :)
    Shahara and Precy :)
  • The opening was nice. Traditional way. The Sarimanok Pep Squad presentation, fireworks, torch lighting. What appealed to me was that there happened a fire dance and fire exhibitions. They were so cool! Two thumbs up!
  • fire dance at the opening
  • As always, Notre Dame go!

Comments