Journey to the Lake



After the Leadership Training at Del Rio Splash Resort, we then proceed to our preparation for our journey to Lake Sebu. I was very excited the moment we stepped out of the resort parameter which marks the start of our course. We had our lunch at Jollibee, KCC Koronadal and a farewell to the rest of the gang from the leadership training. Only five of us firmly chose to take the expedition.

After our simple lunch, we had a mini grocery moment at the supermarket. I noticed the huge difference between the KCC of Koronadal and KCC of Gensan. No offense to Koronadal City but KCC of Gensan is way better than KCC Koronadal, I guess in all aspect. Our groceries amounted to Php541 including the liquor (It has been past a year since the last time I drank alcohol and I'm planning to continue the record.).

We chose to ride a van in going to Lake Sebu and honestly, I didn't expect that the fare was only Php55.00, I thought it's more expensive than that. I intended to position nearest to the window so I won't miss every single view possible. I expected that I have lots to see and I was never mistaken.



The sky slowly darkened and the clouds started to shower huge droplets of water. The windows moistened and the view started to get blurry. But it didn't stop me from seeing the wonderful terrain which means I have to wipe the windows from time to time.

I saw wide green fields and a lot of trees. There was an area there which was termed as "Little Baguio" because of the similar climate plus the cool scenery and there we saw rice terraces which resembled to the famous "Hagdang-hagdang Palayan". I was in full awe when my eyes caught the sight of the very green rice terraces. The mountain range has a lot to say too! They were so cool to look at.


On the way, we could already smell the scent of the cool breeze of Lake Sebu. The huge Tilapia architecture welcomed us to their municipality. It was still raining when we reached the town proper. Then we went straight to Punta Isla Lake Resort via Skylab. Thumbs up for the cool glimpse during the ride. The uncemented roads turned out to be fun paths to pass. I felt my stomach rushing to go up and down because of the not-just-bumpy but hill-like challenging route.

I was amazed as I saw the signage at the entrance saying "Php5.00 Entrance Fee". It was like "Wow!". How could that happen? Then we finally had our room called the "Kadaw" and I find it perfect for us five. There were two huge beds. What we did was we combined the two beds making it an enormous bed which catered  all of our tired bodies.

We also visited Kia's place. Men, it's really something na kelangan mo pang pasukin. The transportation was indeed fun, the ups and downs of every route were really enjoyable especially when you feel your body bouncing. That kind of ride really need a tight grip to the person in front of you. Safety first, men.

That evening, we hopped into the neighboring haven, the "Dolores Resort". We agreed to take a dip at the pool and boy, the water was really freezing. The moment I went out of the water made me realize that "asthma attack" is coming, it was freaking cold out there. Shivering, I remained sitting in one of the cozy cottages while picking up some chichirias. My yellow towel only did a very little effect when it comes to warming me up.

Back to our quarter, we did nothing but capture silly and crazy poses. *click click*

The next day, we woke up early in the morning with smiles on our lips. Still, it feels so cold. We opened the door, the beautiful lakescape, if there's such word, amazed our eyes as we looked in front of us while standing at the veranda.

We also visited the floating restaurant. It was my first time to step in a floating restaurant. The process in getting there was the awesome thing. We need to ride on a floating platform and pull ourselves towards the restaurant using a rope and a pulley. It was so cool!

Later morning, we went to the 7 Falls via skylab. There I witnessed the beauty of the seven falls. Each falls has its unique qualities, I can compare the second falls like a wild teenager. The water dances as it falls from above.  And, the most terrific thing I experienced there was the zipline which is the highest in Asia. Wow! Imagine a 600-meter high zipline, isn't that cool?

We also visited the church located on top of a mountain. How cool was that? :D

Back at the Punta Isla Lake Resort, we had a delicious Tilapia-ful lunch. Yum yum yum.

Boy, you shouldn't miss the Lake Sebu paradise next time you visit South Cotabato. ♥

Enjoy these ♥

















































Comments