Bonding with the Ambassadors

Before going to Manila for the GSA Workshop, my friend, John, gave me a mission.
And that is...

...to secretly discover 
WHY WE ARE CHOSEN AS
GOOGLE STUDENT AMBASSADORS
among a lot of applicants...

Mission Result:
FAIL.

But I'm looking forward to know the reason in the next days that we are going to spend together. Some people may think that these kids are all geeks and nerdy and weird...but lemme clear that. We're not...or at least I'm not. For that short period of time that I spent with them, I learned some things like...these kids are also crazy, and fun to be with. I'm just glad that they were not like those typical nerds with glasses. Hurray for that!


Most of them are in computer-related courses but I'm glad to find some folks like me who belong to the business field. Though we are outnumbered, never have I experienced a feeling of being out of place because of my course. I've also talked to Khern (Bruneian) about how I feel towards where I come from but then she assured me that they do not look at what region you come from, they simply look at the individual itself. She had no idea how good that feels.


We also met the former ambassadors during the workshop. I wasn't able to bond with them that much but there are some faces that I cannot forget...bear with me. Toff, the chubby cute dude...Mafe, the friendly little girl...Queenie, the conyo cute girl...Johan, the handsome swimmer...Pat, the chinita chick, and the names Ryan, David, and Patrick. They are the former ambassadors. As to the new ones, I've almost memorized everyone. 
Franz. Judd. Benj. Kate. Me
Ambassadors from Bacolod, there is Kate, my pretty Ilongga roommate...Shad, the best-in-smile and superfriendly dude...Benj, the skinny dude but loves to eat, a rock-star wannabe...Franz, the big guy, he's scary sometimes because he's big but I know it's all just in my mind. 
Me. TJ. Judd. Cliff. Dave. Me. Photobomber Johan.

There are also these folks who speak in Cebuano. First is TJ, from St. Benilde, martial artist, can speak 5 different languages but not Filipino (lol)...then there's Judd, kind and gentleman from Cebu. Cliff is from FEU and Dave is from DLSU- Dasma. Both of them are active student leaders in their respective schools. I don't know much about Johan but I know he's a swimmer.

Then, there's Adam Ray Baguyo, the minute to win it star. He's so cool and fun to talk to. Guys love to tease him in a good way. Wooot. And Andre, an Atenista. He's cool and friendly, too. He even encouraged me to explore the beauty of Manila when he learned that it was my first time. I like how he talks to people even if it's the first meeting. I like him in person than in photos.

 These kids really know how to listen. Gaaaaah! Can you find me? Then there was this time when all of us went silent. I dunno what happened. All of us just did. Kuya Bernie thought we were bored and so he asked us to massage each other's shoulders. Haha! Gooooosh. Cliff's massage really did tickle me. And I was like a salted earthworm in my position wriggling like crazy and they laughed at me. Wooot. It was really embarrassing you know.

These guys are really friendly!

That night, Khern did treat us dinner at Mesa located at Greenbelt. 
Mesa, Greenbelt

and a breakfast at Bistro Eleven

----
Love,
Hara

Comments