Hara goes to Mati (SummerFrolic Shoot)

Awkward Face
Sleeping Dinosaur, Mati, Davao Oriental | February 2015

Dahican Surf Resort (DSR), Mati
February 2015


So this trip was literally one of those you didn't expect. It was Saturday night when Louie and I decided to have dinner together after a normal overtime at the office.  Over dinner we talked about how things were going and then he shared to me a gig in Mati--he had a project to shoot for a summer beach party. Upon learning that I was free that Sunday, he invited me to come with them, have fun or maybe pretend to be one of his assistants.

You know me, I of course love the idea. My adventurous soul, without a doubt, said yes. Haha. Who am I kidding, of course I had some doubts like when are we gonna come home, how much money should I expect to spend, who's coming, what if there's emergency at work --and other things that cautious people think about.

Luckily, my adventurous soul won the battle between go or no.

I had the best time in Mati. We were accommodated by the organizer of the Summerfrolic, Sir Royd (who is now representing Philippines for the International Master Chef competition). It's really cool how he single-handedly managed to put up that huge event. Well, maybe not really single-handed. Maybe with the use of some of his trusted friends and personnel. But all in all, it was was to cool for something like just from an imagination to be materialized.

It was really a huge hit and a lot benefited with the proceeds.

A car picked us up upon reaching Davao. We traveled along the peaceful roads of Davao Occidental just to get to the venue. The journey was literally long and I was starting to wonder how are we gonna go back home on the same day but such worry didn't stop my adventurous soul from enjoying the whole trip.

Then we stopped at a famous spot they call 'The Sleeping Dinasaur'. The spot was indeed awesome. We took a lot of pictures thinking we won't be stopping over by the time we head back home--only to find out that one of the scenes in the shoot would be there. Haha!

I met new friends. There were a lot of them. Meg and Gab and Sir Royd are the ones who retained in my goldfish memory. Most of them were surfers. It's awesome to finally witness a real live action surfing that I only see in movies. Looking at them, I promised myself that someday, I learn surfing no matter what.

Someone also taught me how to play billiards but after a couple of months, I forgot how to cue a ball. My new friends even offered to teach surfing for free. Whoah. I was so tempted. Yet my cautious side won the go or no  battle. Maybe next time...

Another unexpected thing was that instead of being part of the camera team with Louie and Jayvee, I became part of the talent team with beautiful Meg. I really laughed at that one.

Who would have thought?

And so, I literally became part of the teaser production. I realized that a little acting doesn't hurt. But it was not easy to follow the director. I felt so amateur during the shoot. But 'twas a really nice experience though.

Maybe the best part was the fact that I was able to ride a Kombi, a Wolkswagen camper's van. Adventurous soul's dream came true.

Enjoy some remembrances.

Behind the scene shots

I heart Mati

I dunno what they used to call that. But it's something they built as a surf board holder.

Presenting to you, 'The Ocean Grill'
The surfers' open quarter




Presenting AeroCam's one and only, DJ Louie Datahan on the job

Louie | BTS Summerfrolic shoot



The beautiful Dahican Surf Resort sand

playing with Dahican waves

catch me oh lovely waves


Meet my baby, Hero

Hi Jayvee!

the surfing boards waiting for their next wave


Surf Lessons
Skim Lessons
Drinks
Food Souvenirs
Relax & Chill

This is the very billiard table which taught me how to play balls...but then forgot how when I reached home. Haha!


Welcome to the Ocean Grill!

Lovely memories





Hello cat with a mustache!

Meg's baby meets my baby

Hello to the beauty of Mati

serious camera team





Ultralight planes on the go!

Feels like VIP. Oh ha!


Hi Gab! Meet the owner of the Kombi



waiting for the first trip back to Gensan

lovely ride...feels like VIP








The Sleeping Dinasaur Photos
Mati, Davao Oriental















Inside the Kombi






What a wonderful place.
Wait for me.
I shall return.

Comments