The Last Date



I should have made this blog post 8 months ago but I was too busy with other stuffs that I forgot to document this one. Things have changed. Memories are not as fresh as they once were.

October 31, 2014. It was after the result of the board exam and my classmates were coming home from distant places from review--now that includes Mr. Sixty.

We had constant communication. He was even the one who called me first to give me the good news of passing the board exam at 3:00 AM of October 16. So back to the story.

The date was set. We planned on having a movie which we did. We also agreed that since it would be our last date, it should be fun, all smiles, no frowning, no fighting, and no crying. We should have this beautiful memory of our last date together since obviously, it was our last.

But upon hearing our so-called last date, my friends would simply shrug their shoulders thinking, “Nah! Last your face...there will always be another last...and then another..and another…”

I honestly couldn’t blame them because it was our nth last date that I declared. My friends were already losing faith that I was really moving on for good. But this time, maybe it’s the truth that that was really our last date and there will be no another ones.

I’m currently in relationship with Mr. Golden Boy and this may sound so silly and unrealistic but I do love him so much. Hence, Mr. Sixty and I are really over. Well, we should be. We really should. So back to my story.

It’s actually weird cuz I used to remember every detail of our every date when we were still together. Now, I can’t even remember where we met that day. But as far as my memory serves me right, I guess we met at the school--at the Business College office to meet with Ms. Ariane to donate some of our review materials to her class and we did. That time, I was wondering what Ms. Ariane was thinking looking at the two of us together when everyone knew we were long over.

Then we watched a horror film entitled Ouija at Robinsons Mall. It’s actually the perfect place to have a date with someone illegal (Illegal. adj. private agreement; not approved by parents). We had a fun time shouting and covering each others eyes like teenagers. There were even moments when we lift our knees for cover. He’s such a baby--a responsible baby.

Everything was documented. Because it was how I like it. I had to take as many pictures as possible because it would be the last one. From the cinema house to the journey towards the Sunset Bistro at the outdoor food chains. We had a lot of fun and crazy poses like we used to do during meal dates.

I honestly forgot the other activities that we’ve done during the day but I was sure we had a really good time. Just like how we agreed, no fighting, no frowning, all smiles and no tears. Everything happened just like how we agreed until it was time to say goodbye.

We parted ways at Gaisano Mall. I can’t really remember how we came up to the decision of going to Gaisano when as far as I can remember, it was the least possible place for us to go together because of some cancer things/sanitary issues.

I can’t deny my tears pooled as we had that final hug and kiss in the cheek--a very wholesome goodbye. I don’t know when we will see each other again or if we will see each other again. Who knows.

For the past years that we were together, I did learn a lot of things. he taught me a lot of stuff and made an impact in my life. Some still don’t get why I love Mr. Sixty. I don’t blame them. I was one of his haters at first. And for those people who do not know our real story, how I came to love him will forever be a mystery.

Goodbye Mr. Sixty. May you live a happy and healthy life.





To Alexander Yssabelle:




For some time, I really thought he will be your father. Now, I think otherwise.

It’s alright to remember your previous lover and smile at your cute memories together. The past is a beautiful place to visit sometimes but not a beautiful place to stay. One should never dwell in it.

Move on if you have to. There are a lot of tips and tricks in the net about moving on. Find something that works. My current boyfriend, Mr. Golden Boy always says, a good rebound works best. Well, it doesn’t sound noble at all. It doesn’t sound something like worth my advocacy.

But yes. I agree with Golden Boy. A good rebound really works best. When I say rebound, it doesn’t necessarily mean a new boytoy or a past time lover. A new project could be a perfect rebound. Maybe writing a book could be one. You can channel all your energy, heartaches and grieving to writing. Well, that works for me. I don’t know about you.

I will understand if this may sound all bullsh*t to you baby but later in life, you’ll understand what Mommy is talking about.

I just wish that when time comes that your innocent heart beats for someone for the first time, I will be the first to know.

Love,
Your 21-year old Mom





Comments