The Wrong Turn

It's just funny how your life suddenly changes from one fairy tale into an unknown and adventurous journey. Sometimes, what that change brings are not always good and convenient but it is the end of such change that is important.

For the past weeks, I sometimes whine about my discomfort due to hormonal change. I feel like I'm sacrificing a lot. One moment I was whining about how difficult pregnancy can be and everything I sacrificed just for this but it gives me this feeling...the next thing I knew, I was smiling like silly, all excited to see my little princess moving happily (I hope) inside my tummy. Sometimes I cry tears of joy then realize these are all part of crazy pregnancy hormones.


On the other side of change, there's that man who is going through a lot of changes in his life too. I sometimes forget about his efforts because I am selfish so lemme take this moment to appreciate those huge and little things he has done for the sake of this relationship...this family...and for its future. Thank you, my love.

Well, lemme just laugh for a moment because the previous day, they had a wrong turn and passed by their supposed-to-be destination which is his home (he is is Japan by the way so I can't blame him if he gets lost occasionally). But I was wondering why since from what I know, his big brother drives them home.

Then I learned that that time, his big brother went home early while he was left taking overtime work just for the sake of additional income. It may not sound much but I really appreciate it a lot.

During 2014, as we were still starting our relationship, he never takes overtime...becuz also of the fact that he doesn't need it. What he was earning was more than enough for his spending. He used to go home by 5pm in Japan and 4pm here in PH and he would normally start leaving messages by the time he was out, trying to be fit by working out at his mini gym inside his pad. That's how it used to be.

Now, he normally takes 3 hours of overtime everyday, sometimes he takes 4 hours. He goes home 8:20pm in Japan while 7:20pm here in the Philippines mostly everyday. He leaves me messages during the day like random stickers or we can insert tiny conversations during breaktime. He tells me everytime he's on his way home everyday at the same time.

I love that he's trying to be consistent and transparent as much as possible. I appreciate that a lot given our background and history.

So yeah, that wrong turn happening pretty much reminded me of how much our lives changed...not just mine but also his. I'm not the only one who's doing the sacrifice but both of us. Maybe that's true love afterall, we let it change our lives. We let it sacrifice some things for some greater things. A lot of times, it will surely bring discomfort but it's okay knowing it will all be worth it.

I love you my husband.

Cheers to change!

Comments